- BSC (Computer Science, Chemistry), (University of Natal) (cum laude)
- Bachelor of Science Honours (Computer Science), (University of South Africa (cum laude)
Brent is a systems engineer who provides clients with technically accurate advice for the selection, installation, customisation, configuration, integration, commissioning, and ongoing support of new carrier-grade solutions. Brent has in-depth knowledge of the PTP process and has completed advanced analysis in the PTP cycle for several clients.
Some of the recent projects that he has worked on include:
- Cloudbrowsing (Vodafone Italy): Technical team lead on a project to create the ByteMobile Inc. Cloudbrowsing platform for Vodafone Italy. This system serves targeted advertisements to mobile subscribers, overlaying them on web pages, linearly-scalable at a sustained transaction rate of 1,500tps on each IBM 1U x86 computer.
- Childline Emergency Call Routing (MTN South Africa): Lead engineer and project manager to implement and deliver the Dynamic Call Routing (DCR) product to MTN South Africa.
- Remote systems monitoring: An internal system to remotely monitor the status, performance, and usage of the Bytelogix deployed internal systems. Large UTF-8 text files were periodically collected from the remote systems and parsed in sections for compliance, e.g. changes to importance files, crontab modifications, logins, logs files, alarms, disc utilisation.
- Khumba Mining: Project to monitor the efficiency of open cast mining using RFID tracking of explosion and satellite imaging.
Brent exhibits in-depth knowledge of the PTP process and has completed advanced analysis in the PTP cycle for:
- a major commercial bank.
- a large resource and mining corporation.
- multiple public listed and large South African corporates.